Rattlesnakes on your property, under your house or deck? Sacramento Valley Wildlife Services can help with humane rattlesnake removal.
The northern California rattlesnake species is the northern Pacific rattlesnake. Rattlesnakes are dangerous if provoked; however, they also provide humans with a tremendous service in that they eat rodents, other reptiles, and insects. Generally not aggressive, a rattlesnake can strike when threatened or deliberately provoked, but given room they will retreat. Most snake bites occur when a rattlesnake is handled or accidentally touched by someone. The California Poison Control Center notes that rattlesnakes account for more than 800 bites each year with one to two deaths.
We specialize in safe rattlesnake removal from around your home or property. We will come to your home, property or place of business, inspect and remove snakes that pose a threat to people or pets.
Helpful tips on rattlesnake control and how to discourage snakes from occupying your property:
- Eliminate debris such as wood or rock piles on the property.
- Cut down heavy brush or trim back hedges.
- Seal small gaps under doors or decks, etc.
- Use glue board type traps along edges.
- Seal shut any entry points into the house.
- An extreme remedy would be a perimeter wide fence.